We offer competitive premiums and complete coverage for all your vehicles.

hartman-auto-insuranceCoverages include:
  • Preferred and standard auto
  • High risk auto
  • Motorcycle/moped
  • Motor homes
  • Camping trailers, travel trailers, utility trailers
  • Recreational vehicles: all-terrain vehicles, trail bikes, snowmobiles, golf carts, mini bikes, dune buggies, jet skis and antique, classic or special-interest cars

For additional information about the auto coverage we can provide, please contact us.

Discounts available:
  • Multi-policy discount
  • Multi-car discount
  • Ticket and accident free discount
  • Group discounts are available if you are a member of an Alumni Association, Credit Union or certain Professional Societies.
  • Good Student discount


Q: Do I have to have insurance? Is it the law?

A: Yes. All fifty states require some form of automobile liability insurance. Although, minimum requirements vary greatly.

Q: What liability limits should I carry?

A: This is a difficult question for an agent to answer, although, most agents would agree, the state minimum requirements are too low. You as the policy holder need to consider if you would have to adjust your life style if you were sued as the result of an auto accident. If you believe your assets are worth more than your liability limits, you should increase them.

Q: What is comprehensive and collision?

A: Comprehensive is also referred to as “damage other than collision.” This is physical damage to your automobile while it is not moving. A few examples are: theft, vandalism, fire, etc…

Collision is physical damage to your automobile as the result of a collision with another vehicle or an object. Depending on your collision option you may have a deductible and it may be waived.

Q: When should I reduce coverage to Liability Only instead of Full Coverage?

A: If you have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain full coverage. If you do not owe on the vehicle, the decision to reduce coverage to liability only is up to you. Typically, if your auto is in an accident and the repair cost exceeds 75% of the Kelley Blue Book value of the vehicle, the insurance company considers the vehicle a total loss

Q: Can I let my brother, friend, cousin drive my car? Are they covered?

A: Insurance follows the vehicle first. In the state of Michigan anyone licensed is allowed to operate your vehicle as long as you say its okay- this is called “permissive use”.

  • Pay Your Bill

    You can pay your bill by phone during normal business hours (8:30am-5pm M-F) at 734-429-5491. Click here to set up online bill pay directly with your insurance carrier.